Monday, May 13, 2019

Day 8 - Iowa

This was my most difficult day. I was two days behind schedule, so I needed to ride for at least an extra 600 miles to make up for that (and if still be getting to Boston a day late). In total, I did 947 miles that day, going from somewhere in Iowa to Niagara Falls.

Somewhere near Cleveland, there was a heavy fog that I ended up driving through for a few hours. It was so thick, I couldn’t see anything besides cars taillights, and if I stopped to get gas, I waited until another car was going east so I wouldn’t be riding completely blind.

I started at 06:00 in the morning, and didn’t get into Niagara Falls until 04:00. Having been on theroad for 21 hours (time zone change subtracts an hour), I was dead tired, and fell asleep on my bike listening to the falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment