Monday, May 13, 2019

Day 11 - Pennsylvania

I woke up late the next morning. I’d spent a decent portion of the night talking with my friend.

After showering and cleaning up the room I’d stayed in, I loaded up my bike and headed to a bikeshop. I wanted to get an oil change before continuing the trip, as I had about 5,000 miles on thatoil and I’d been riding pretty hard for the past couple days.

The shop I went to was really cool, there were dozens of bikes, many of which were custom builds. I saw a few CBs, lots of cafe racers, one GS1200 sitting in the corner, some odd sport bikes,and a couple cruisers. A few bikes were for show, and were completely custom, with gas tank shifters, suicide clutches, foot controlled gas levers, etc. It was pretty cool. 

The price for an oil change was a ripoff though ($80). Considering the fluid was only $35, $45 is too much for 20 minutes of labor.

The techs were cool, and I spent the time talking with them about bikes and builds.

I left the shop at about 11:00 and headed to my friends college campus. We planned on having lunch together before I left.

We had lunch in a very nice dinning hall, and then he bought me some food/snacks for the road (I’m always happy to get free food). I gave him a small souvenir I’d gotten for him in Arizona, thenleft for KY.

The ride through Connecticut was pretty, thoughI didn’t enjoy the traffic (for some reason it was bad Monday).

I made it to somewhere in Pennsylvania before I decided to stop and rest for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment